COVID-19 INFO: CANADA
Update of the situation
As of September 16, 17 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 at our Valcourt complex. Public health confirmed that the outbreak likely originated in the community and therefore, outside of the workplace. The cases were likely from carpooling or cohabitation.
- A list of all employees who have been in close contact with positive employees has been compiled;
- The employees in question have been removed as a preventive measure, must be tested and will be in quarantine for the next 14 days;
- A reminder of the safety measures in place was carried out in the factory to ensure a safe working environment for our employees;
- Rigorous disinfection of common areas, work stations, plant equipment and tools has taken place.
- Communications have been sent to our employees to inform them of the situation,allow transparent coverage of the events and avoid misinformation.
Our employees’ health and safety remains our top priority. Thus, we are working closely with local health authorities to take all necessary actions and measures to protect our employees and our communities.
We continue to monitor the situation closely, and we are following up with affected employees. We wish them a speedy recovery.